Taking A Break From Drawing To Go Draw


 I've been super busy drawing things for other people lately.  It's been amazingly great, although I think I'm at a point where I enjoy drawing from life the most.  There's this stop and smell the roses aspect to it that can't be replicated in a studio. 

So, I hit the Murray Hill drawing group for the first time in way too long.  Great group of folks, and the coffee shop down the street has really good fig bars.  It's also the first time I rocked a straight up pencil in my sketchbook in a good long while.  I think it's time to bring that back.



  I'm getting to a point where I'm comfortable ( I didn't say good) with longer poses and super comfortable with short poses (I do 12 one minutes a day here: Figure Drawing Tool ), but I'm still figuring out the ten and twenty minute poses. All drawing, even life drawing, is about icons, and I need to work on my shorthand, to figure out what I'm capable of in that time.  

Guess I'll keep drawing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment