Down And Out At Ingenuity Fest

Ingenuity fest is a big three day arts festival thing in Cleveland, and this year I got involved with all the nonsense.

I produced 20 illustrations for act three of Down And Out In The Magic Kingdom, which is an adaption of Cory Doctorow's (Boing Boing) Novel of the same name.  It's a really great story, and was a blast to illustrate, despite having two weeks to get it done.


With the deadline, I used it as an opportunity to dust off what comic book chops I've accrued over the years, and I'm pretty happy with the results.  It's the first time I've seriously used a brush in a long time, and its just like riding a bike.  A really nice bike, with streamers and everything.  I had so much fun, that I'm hoping to find the time to get some more comic work under my belt in the coming months. God knows I've got enough scripts around the house.



 Down And Out In The Magic Kingdom is shown four times: Schedule, and it's going to be at some libraries after that.  If you live in Cleveland, come check it out and say hi.  I'll be hanging out in the doodle bar wearing a La Parka mask.  







No comments:

Post a Comment