May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

 Earlier this year I did a card for Spaces Monster Drawing Rally event.  Basically a room full of art types  draw stuff for an hour and then auction it off to benefit the gallery. They do it at a few other non profit galleries across the country, and it reminded me a lot of the draw Tuesdays at 111 Minna.

Because of a bunch of nonsense, I didn't get to draw the flier I wanted and used a monster image from my sketchbook (of which there are many to choose from).  When the event came, I saw it as an opportunity to draw the image I originally wanted.  

 I knew there was no way I could bust it out in an hour, so I spent the afternoon before the event drawing it to ink at the event.  Some people thought it was a cheat, but it was a real struggle to get it inked in an hour.  It's not often I have to publicly work through hand cramps.

The piece sold, and I officially contributed to Spaces. With that, I think I'm entitled to do a project there.  After seeing this :MOMA Art Critic, I think it's high time we get some real work around here. 

I've never drawn dinosaurs, so I'm pretty sure that makes it experimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment