Simpsons Bullies: Process

This week's challenge at the Rust Belt Monster Collective was "secondary characters", and I threw down the Simpsons Bullies, because I love those jerks.  You can see my finished piece here.   Here's some process pages for the real art nerds. 
I've always loved the Simpsons style, and to me it's really hard not to see the influence on my work, especially the older comics stuff.  I really wanted to keep as much of the classic look as I could while adding flourishes of the way I draw today.  That usually means, center everything, add some knobby knees and make everything dirtier and more foldy than it needs to be.
Original Pencils.
 Wanting a a more honest representation of my style, I really wanted to ink by hand.  I chose digital to  play with my borders a bit more, and to get the practice.
Digital Inks.
Really fun piece for me, and I can't wait to do more old favorites in this style.  In the meantime, I'm offering a print of this over at Society 6, so check that out if ya nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment